(more detailed information on the projects can be found here)
Mentors for the 2014 projects (2015 mentors to be announced shortly)
Jason Sexton, UCM Ecologist
- Plant diversity and Ecology. (2 students)
Michael Beman, UCM Microbial Ecologist
- Methane biogeochemistry and microbial ecology in high elevation lakes.
Teamrat Ghezzhei, UCM Soil Hydrologist
Hydrology in high elevation meadows.
Asmeret Asefaw Berhe, UCM Soil Biogeochemist
Effects of water and wildfire on soil organic matter and greenhouse gas emissions. (2 students)
Jessica Blois, UCM Paleoecologist & Sarah Stock, YNP Wildlife Biologist
- Mammal diversity in Yosemite National Park
Stephen Hart, UCM Ecologist & Gus Smith, YNP Fire Ecologist
- Wildfire impacts on Forest Ecosystems: the 2013 Rim Fire.
Ninnette Daniele, YNP Wildlife Biologist & Travis Espinoza, YNP Wildlife Biologist
- Assessing mercury in lake fish