- YFS Reservations
Yosemite Field Station
The SNRI Yosemite Field Station in Wawona is located in the historic village of Wawona just inside the south entrance of Yosemite National Park. It is dedicated to facilitating synergistic links among science, art, education, and natural resource management.
The SNRI offices, lab, learning center, and workshop are in a refurbished historic house and stable built in 1934. Guest houses (refurbished old vacation homes) are available for overnight stays for up to 55 people. Other housing arrangements may be made for larger groups. For other accomodations in Wawona click here. Each cabin has a fully equipped kitchen, fridge(s) and a stove, all you have to bring is food and personal items!
Nestled in an open, old-growth pine forest along the South Fork of the Merced River and only 5 miles from the Giant Sequoia Grove, the Yosemite Field Station in Wawona is ideally situated to support field research projects in Yosemite and the adjacent Sierra National Forest, class field trips, small workshops, writing retreats, and interdisciplinary collaborations.
Species Information for Yosemite National Park can be found here, updated in real time!
- Short Videos about SNRI Summer Programs in Yosemite
- Yosemite Field Station featured in the UC Natural Reserve System article
- UC Merced spotlight on Yosemite Field Station summer programs
Field Station Director: Becca Fenwick 209-375-9917
Steward: Tim Rumble 559-676-6812
Mailing Address: PO Box 2117, Wawona, CA 95389
Deliveries: 7799 Chilnualna Falls Rd, Wawona Village, Fish Camp, CA 93623
SNRI Yosemite Field Station Maps and Directions
- Map - Wawona Village and SNRI Facilities
- Directions to SNRI Yosemite Field Station and Guest Houses
- Facility Pictures and Info
- Satellite Image - Wawona Region
- Topo Map - Wawona area
- Map - Yosemite National Park
Using the SNRI Yosemite Field Station
- Online Reservation System
- Station Rates
- Liability Waiver (español) (must be printed and signed prior to arrival)
- Photo Release
- What to Expect, What to Bring
- Volunteer form
For cabin, classroom and office availability please check this calendar